Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Heilman 59th Family Reunion 8-09-09

The Heilman family have a very neat tradition. They have this hugh quilt that has a square for each family. Whenever you attend you put the date you were there in your square.
This year the cooks grilled prime rib steaks and sweet corn. It so delicious and so tender. Each family bring a dish to pass. And as always we had plenty of food.

Here we have Gary's brother Don. I call him THE CHEF! He always makes sure we have good meat!


Here we have Dave and Camille with some of the Heilman clan.





We started the day without rain. But in the afternoon we had two seperate rain events.




I will entitle the photo above as "Playing in the rain!" Kids love to play in the rain.




The Hielmans also always have something fun for the kids to play in. This year it was a cow....upside down.






When I was giving Sam a bottle, the sun was shining and Grandpa Heilman said that Sam need sunglasses. So Sam got to wear Grandpa's sunglasses. Here Sam is now two weeks old.








Coming home was a little scary for me! The clouds look so foreboding. Gary kept saying I never seen clouds like that. Not knowing what kind of clouds they were, I was wondering if we might run into a tornado.







While watching the news that evening people had sent photos into the different TV satations showing the same clouds that I had taken photos of. That evening I found out that they are called shelf clouds. NOW I KNOW!
Next year the Heilman will mark their 60th Reunion. Hope the weather is much better. And I really don't want to see those clouds next year. We did end up driving in a heavy downpour! But so thankful we arrived home safely.








1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

The food was AMAZING! Those Heilmans know how to cook...and eat! I love, love the photo of Sam in sunglasses and am totally going to steal it!