Friday, August 14, 2009

Gramma Done Good

I know that the title of this blog is not good grammer. But to me it fit the occasion. What a joy to be able to have my grandson Samuel for a full day. I was not sure how the day would start or end.

Samuel arrived at my home asleep. Now that's a great start. After Ann-Marie and Brett left, I thought of all the things I needed to get done in the kitchen. The first item on my list was to make good use of three ripe bananas. Plus at the Heilman Reunion, I had a bag of fresh black walnuts that Gary's cousin had processed. Doesn't that just make banana bread sound good? So while Samuel slept, I was able to check off the first item on my list. Banana Bread Done
Next on my list was to process zucchini that my sister Louise had given me. I'm so thankful for a food chopper. It made the job easier. I was able to get 6 cups of zucchini to freeze. Then when I want to make zucchini bread or muffins I have my zucchini all ready to go. I must confess that I did have to stop between chopping to fed Samuel. But he went back to sleep and Gary and I were able to enjoy lunch together.

The last item on my list was to make a beef pot roast for all of us for supper. And please forgive my photo above. I meant to take a picture of it before we devoured it...but I forgot. So at 1:00 p.m I put the roast to cook slow in the oven. My plan was to fed Sam at 4:00 p.m. then put the potatoes and carrots in at 5:00 p.m. Somehow it all went according to plan.
Ann-Marie and Brett arrived around 4:30 p.m. and Ann-Marie was able to get a very short nap. At 5:30 p.m. we were all able to sit down together and enjoy supper as a family.
Oh you are probably wondering how Sam survived the whole day...well, I would say as his Gramma...



SAM WAS A PERFECT LITTLE GRANDSON. Wouldn't you agree!!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Man, that roast was SO good!