Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Polish Dinner

With such a large wonderful family that I was fortunate to be born into, I enjoy the various opportunities to get to know some of other siblings mother-in-laws. Saturday my sister Louise had my brother, Bruce, his wife, Yola and her mother Kristina. Yola and her mother are from Poland and wanted to make a Polish dish of Pierogis. The package above is pierogo made with meat. Another pierogi package had sauerkraut and mushrooms in them. The last package of pierogis had cheese and potatoes in them.
They look like a large square encased noodle with the different fillings. MMMM Good! If you like pasta, you would enjoy trying a pierogo.
Above is Yola, Louise and Kristina...the cooks
One thing Kristina wanted to do while visiting was to pet a Llama. So after supper, we rushed to William's Tree Farm to see the Llamas. Even though the sun was setting, we were abel to get a few pictures of her feeding and petting the Llamas.
So if any one invites to try some Polish food, go for it! You'll like it. I know that for a fact. Gary and Bruce seems to be enjoying it.
Well, you can all take a break from my blog. Gary and I are off to Door County. Next posting will be about that trip. Pray for a safe trip.

3 comments:

CANDICE said...

I hope you have fun in door county! I have never been there.. Looks like you guys had a good time at Aunt Louise's. Love ya.

Ann-Marie said...

I had the ones stuffed with potatoes and cheese at another gathering at Aunt Louise's, and they were SOOOO good!

The llama thing cracked me up!

The Beard Bunch said...

Aunt Juliet, This is totally off topic, but I wanted to let you know that I did get the comment you left on my blog. We have a problem with some individual's comments (no one in the family :) ), and so in order to block them from commenting on our blog, I have all comments e-mailed to me for "approval." Sorry for the confusion. It was necessary, for the time being.