Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Peninsula Players & Sherlock Holmes Narrative Part 2 of 3

First, let me thank my beautiful, talented daughter for acting as my personal assistant and typing my blog entries. She also helped put my Slide shows together (see below). Isn’t she the greatest?

On to my post:
Whenever we visit Door County in the fall, we look forward to going to a play put on by The Peninsula Players. This year, it was Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure.

We got to the park early, so we went down to the lake and just enjoyed the beautiful scenery. As the sun set, the park employees went around and lit some pretty spectacular jack-o-lanterns. See the photos below.

There was also a hearty bonfire where we sipped on hot chocolate and cider. YUM! At 7:00 p.m., the play started!

Greg Vinkler played the part of Sherlock Holmes and did a fantastic job. We got so wrapped up in it; we almost forgot it was a PLAY! There was a lot of humor and a lot of mystery, so you know that fit me to a “T.” I wish you all could have been there with us – I know you would have loved it. I know Ann-Marie would have loved it (then, you should have taken me, adds Ann-Marie).

Stay tuned for Part 3 of our Door County story, Visiting the Parks…

No comments: