Friday, October 31, 2008

Priviledges



As far back as I can remember, the words "Aunt" and "Uncle" before someone's name, meant that these people were very special people in my life.



When my brothers and sister got married and started having children of their own, it was a priviledge for their children to address me as "Aunt Juliet." And I must say I have enjoyed getting to know ALL my nieces and nephews.



With the fast passing of time, and belonging to a large family, I'm also a GREAT AUNT.




Like any relationships, you want to spend time with them if it is at all possible. So when opportunties come to watch any of my great nieces and nephews, I am honored to be asked. On October 25, Gary and I were able to watch Megan, Caleb, and Jacob. We had a great time playing Apples to Apples. (Megan will agree with me that the answers the boys picked were somewhat different than what we would have chosen.) In the evening, we took a nice long walk in the dark. (We have nice street lights.) The stars shone brightly, and we all enjoyed going around several blocks twice on this nice cool Fall evening.




Then yesterday evening, Candice stopped by with that beautiful great niece Brielle. I was so glad they could stay for supper. I enjoyed holding Brielle on my knee and feeding her green beans....mmmm good.

With any relationship come responsibilities. I pray - although we can have lots of fun - my deepest desire is to be a godly aunt. So when Brielle was getting into my books, Ann-Marie was able to get a photo of her holding the book, A Woman's Walk with God by Elizabeth George. For me, there is no greater joy than to see each of my family member walking with the Lord.

3 comments:

Tamrik said...

Aunt Juliet,
Thanks so much for letting the kids saty with you and Uncle Gary. The had a great time and really enjoy being you guys. I can still remember when you and Uncle Bob lived on Overdene & would watch me sometimes. Thanks for all of the good memories.

CANDICE said...

Brielle says thank you for the candy!!! SHe is running around in her crib as we speak. You are a very Godly example for me and Brielle. We thank you for all you do and all you have done for us! Love you. Candice.

Unknown said...

We love having aunts and uncles that we can appreciate. We look forward to seeing you all at Christmas.