Saturday, October 18, 2008

Visiting the Parks Narrative - Part 3 of 3

First, let me thank my beautiful, talented daughter for acting as my personal assistant and typing my blog entries. She also helped put my Slide shows together (see below). Isn’t she the greatest?

On to my post:
With bike riding out of the question due to my hand injury, we decided to visit some new parks, along with an old favorite.

Our Pastor’s wife had mentioned the spectacular Cave Point Park to us last year. We decided to check it out and enjoyed the rocky and rustic scenery.

Our next park was Ellison Park which was suggested by our hostess, Charlene. This is a truly amazing park! We saw a walkway that would have left us suspended over a wide canyon-like expanse. I couldn’t go out on the walkway, due to my injury. But Gary did and appreciated the amazing view! We also took a walking trail through the park with another couple we had met.

Our third park visit was to Peninsula State Park, one of our most favorite parks in Door County. We normally love to go bike riding on the trails in the park, but (thanks again to my hand) that wasn’t going to happen this year. :-( Instead, we walked through the park, taking photos of the beautiful fall scenes (see below).

During our trip, we also ate in the town of Egg Harbor where we tasted homemade brats, ice cream, and various pies (Gary especially enjoyed the pies!). We tried two new restaurants unique to Door County, the famous Al Johnson’s (with the goats on the roof), and Second Story (which Gary kept referring to as “Second Level” – that’s my guy!).


On our way back, we stopped in Appleton, Wisconsin, to visit with my dear friend, Judy Waggoner. We took her out for lunch at Applebee's and had a good time talking and catching up!

All in all, we had an…interesting…and good…trip to Door County. Coming home, it started to rain, and we began to see more leaves fall off the vividly colored autumn trees.

Once my hand is well, I plan to blog on “Blessings in Disguise,” along with my new appreciation for people with disabilities!

2 comments:

CANDICE said...

Glad you are okay!!

Alice said...

I don't think it's possible to have a bad time in Door County--even when you injure your hand! There's too much fun stuff to do and great places to eat. We love Ellison Park (and of course Peninsula) too.

I'm guessing this will go down as one of your more memorable vacations!