Monday, September 29, 2008

A Time to Celebrate - Part 3

Well, I hope that you do not become weary in following my busy weekend. On Saturday evening we celebrated my mother's ninety-first birthday. I only wished that I could get my video to work and you could hear us all singing "Happy Birthday" to her. What a great blessing to still have Mom with us! And God has granted her a sound mind along the way of getting old.

Ann-Marie read a beautiful poem to her grandmother. You can read it on her blog.

At the end of the party several of us asked Mom questions. Yola asked her how she was able to stay so young...reply from my mothers..."Eat lots of onions." We just all laughed. Someone asked the questions who was the most behaved of the twelve. Since we all were somewhat well behaved, Mom just smiled. Then my sister, Louise asked the question, "Who had the most fun?" And she laughing while she is asking that question. I guess it must have been her. Right Louise!

Enjoy our video celebrating the greatest lady in our lives!

5 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

Wow, sometimes I am very sad at the fun things I miss being so far away. And this is one weekend I would miss the most---Edwards Apple Orchard and Grandma's get together. I hope you all had fun. Thanks for the pictures.

Ann-Marie said...

The party was really wonderful, Mom! And kudos to you for setting it all up (I know you don't like to do those things), everything went so well, and those cupcakes were SO GOOD! I can't believe I only had one!!!

CANDICE said...

It was fun! My little lizard had fun too!

The Beard Bunch said...

Aunt Juliet, My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago, and so I lost all of my e-mails. I had received one from Dee Dee Arp (remember you got the two of us in touch??). Anyway, if you see her at church, could you just ask her to re-send it or send me another e-mail? Thanks!!

Juliet said...

Michelle,

Yes I will pass the word to Dee Dee. I'll see her tomorrow.