Monday, September 8, 2008

Book Review

I am very fortunate to go to a church that has a Christian bookstore. A few weeks ago I purchased Erwin Lutzer book: The Truth About Same-Sex Marriage.
Now that may seem strange to you, but I have been bothered by the onslaught of the radical homosexual movement. First let me tell you that I have a nephew and my sister-in-law has a brother who claim they are gay. I wanted to know just how to approach the whole subject and I have always found Dr.Lutzer's books easy to read. This book is only 109 pages.
There are so many quotes I would like to type but one by Charles Colson stands out. "We ignore the complete cultural implications of our faith. And then we're shocked by the state of the culture."
Dr. Lutzer reminds us that same-sex marriages will have a hugh impact on the family as we know it. "IT'S GONE. Remember when Francis Schaeffer told us that some day we would wake up and find out the America we once knew was gone? That day is here."
Married or single, this book is for everyone. I'm sure you will find out how we as believers are to act and react to this subject. Take time to read this book.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

I think people in my generation especially should read this book - we've been taught "tolerance" and no one has addressed a proper response for socially accepted norms that are actually sin. I'm probably going to have to borrow this!