Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time To Reflect

Many, Many times after I have washed my hair and am combing it out, lots of loose hairs fall out. Reflecting on the word of God from Matthew 10:30 "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." In my mind, while more strands of hair keep coming, I'm thinking, "Lord how many do I now have? Do you know?" Even tho I have alot of hair on my head, when I look in the sink and see all those strands, I said to myself, " You should have been bald by now." Yes God does know the exact number of hairs on my head even when I find another strands of hair on my comb. I again think: "How many do I now have Lord?" The picture below may seem a little ugly, but as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Our God is so very interested in our lives, that he keep tabs on things that may seem little to us. I will quote from The Pulpit Commentary: "All the little trials, difficulties, vexations, of our daily lives are know to him. Therefore let us trust in that almighty Protector who notes the fall of every little sparrow" And may I add...the fallen strands of our very hairs. We do serve an awesome God.

3 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

It is so awesome that you can look at something like lost hair, and realize how amazing God is. This morning, the kids and I were driving through the fog, and I told them that life can be like fog. We don't know what is way ahead. However, we can see just what is in front of us, and we trust God for the rest. I think God likes when we see His character in the fallen hairs and the fog :)

Ann-Marie said...

Wow! Deep theological thought there, Mom. And a good one. I'm glad God knows all - means I don't have to.

CANDICE said...

Needed that. Thank-you! Sometimes I forget He sees all and knows all. I don't have to worry about the rest. He even cares about the little silly hairs on our head. I guess there not that silly if God cares about them are they.