Monday, September 29, 2008

Always Time For Laughter - Part 1

Over a month ago I purchased tickets for Ann-Marie, Jackie & I to hear Kerri Pomarolli in person. It's the first time that I have attended an event for the Rockford Rescue Mission 's Annual Women of Hope Gathering - this was their 6th event. In the meantime, my friend Jackie (being an independent person that she is) was in her yard working and pulling weeds. Well, whatever she was pulling, got the better of her and she ended up falling backwards and doing damage to her ankle...REAL GOOD. Kept her house bound over a month. At first she didn't think that she would be able to attend but I told her that she needed to get out and laugh with us.

The Monday before the event, the doctor allowed her to start wearing shoes and even let her start driving. So on Friday, she was ready to join us.

The desserts at the table were way too delicious and the chocolate fountain was an added plus.

We enjoyed hearing about the changed life of Jacquelyn Beasley, a former mission resident. It's because of the mission ministries that many women are helped.

We laughted and laughted with Kerri Pomarolli and then at the end she ended on a serious note of asking people to trust Christ as their Saviour.

You may wonder why I have a black coffee pot in the slide show...all I can say is that when you give Ann-Marie the camera, who knows what pictures you'll end up with. Enjoy the slide show below.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

HEY! I like the photos below!!! I had SUCH a good time, and it was so nice to listen to clean (and yet still hilarious) comedy!