Monday, September 29, 2008

A Time to Fellowship - Part 2

Who doesn't like to go to Edward's Apple Orchard? It holds so many memories for me. So when our church made it an outing, I was ready to sign up. This is a beautiful picture of the white arch in 2007
This is also a photo of their beautiful home in 2007.
In January 2008, the home was hit by a tornado.
Here we have their home being remodeled.
Gary & I headed out to Popular Grove to enjoy the afternoon with other memebers of our church on Saturday, October 27. The day was warm and we enjoyed seeing so many people come out and enjoy a day at Edward's.
As always we enjoy the cider donuts and cider. While eating with other people from our church I noticed something I have never witness before. (Now when Ann-Marie was young, she would eat anything if you covered it with a slice of cheese.) Low and behold I looked at Lucy as she put a dab of yellow mustard on her potatoe chip! Then I was informed that she likes to put mustard on a wide variety of food items. Too Funny!
Gary and I took a walk around the grounds to see how Edward's was improving their property after being hit hard by a tornado in January. Great improvements! Yet there were signs that a tornado had hit them. In the video below you will notice the tress that was stripped of many branches. Then behind their home (and I don't know if they will keep it this way as a reminder of that day) is a tree with metal wrapped around it. At first glance you might think that it is just a wide piece of ribbon wrapped around the tree.
Again, just enjoy the video below.

2 comments:

Alice said...

Wow, you saw more than we did--we didn't see the tree with the metal. I'm glad we got to eat together that day...Gary sure enjoyed his pie! :-) We ended up riding the wagon and then the ponies. We looked at the pics of the tornado damage, then left. But it was a fun day. I hadn't been there before, but I know we'll go back now...

And yeah, Lucy likes mustard on everything. She also prefers that I write her name in mustard on her sandwiches.

Ann-Marie said...

We really LOVED the cider and doughnuts you picked up for us. Brett ate his right away all in a row.

I can't believe how much they've rebuilt since that freak tornado in Janaury.