Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sisters - "On The Road Again"

Well, yes we were on the road again...however not far. My sister Carol from Naugatuck, CT has had fun staying with her daughter Beth. (That includes her son-in-law, Brad and her four grandchildren...Isaac, Zachary, Austin and Mikayala.)

Whenever a family member comes to stay for awhile, they like to visit as many members of their immediate family as they can squeeze in. So Carol, Louise and I took off to Johnson Creek to visit my sister Jan from Watertwon, WI. And who doesn't have more fun than sisters at an outlet mall....the more the merrier. My sister, Jan treated us by buying us gifts at Bath and Body Works. That makes shopping even more fun. Thanks sis!

Then we headed off towards Watertown to a few garage sales...a must! Didn't find much of anything but had fun looking.

My three sisters are all good cooks and than there is ME. Jan had fixed us a taco salad and made the taco shell... see video below. She also made several apple pies from apples from her apple trees. While eating lunch at her home I just listened while the three of them talked about different foods they prepare and how they cook them." Hum, hum, " was my comment from time to time. All I know is that I enjoy what they cook. While eating a piece of her apple pie, my sister Carol said..."You should have cooked this pie longer. Some of the slices aren't done." "Well I didn't want the crust to burn." was Jan's reply. I just laughed and continue eating my pie with some vanilla ice cream.

After lunch, Carol and Jan went outside to view Jan's fruit trees and garden. Then it was time for Louise, Carol and I to head home. Jan gave us some pieces of pie to take home.

That evening Gary and I were going to the football game at Hononegah High School. We would grabe a pork chop sandwich at the game. When Gary got home, I told him about my day and also the two slices of apple pie that Jan had given us. Gary, "Apple pie. Where is it?" While eating a piece he said, "She should have cooked this a little longer. Some of the slices aren't done." HAAAAAAAA I am so glad that I AM NOT A COOK. I enjoy eating food not critiquing it.

Enjoy the video of the traveling sisters.

2 comments:

Alice said...

That's hilarious. Everyone's a critic. I guess only your sister can tell you (to your face) that you didn't cook your pie long enough...

Ann-Marie said...

I don't care what they say - a good cook does not necessarily a good mother make!

And I know you're a good mother!