Monday, August 25, 2008

It Really Was A Surprise!

I must use that wonderful word "FINALLY". From the beginning and knowing that Ann-Marie would turn 30, I wanted to do a surprise party for her....but when my sister from France came as a surprise to all and when AM air conditioner went out and she was staying with me...the surprise got put on hold. BUT FINALLY on August 23, we had a real surprise party for her. With only two weeks to plan and with help from Tammy and Louise, we DID IT!!!! And a special thanks to Angie who promised to get her to our home that day.

Since Ann-Marie keeps losing her sunglasses, I decided to make sunglasses the theme of this birthday party. Everyone made it so much fun by going either to Dollar General to purchase a cheap pair or passing a used pair along.

Gary and I had an old computer chair we wanted to get rid of, so we told Angie who would be picking Ann-Marie up to tell her that we phoned asking if she would like this chair. Angie just told Am that she wanted to pick it up before they went out to eat. The party guess parked their cars away from our home. I was out in the front, pulling weeds while Gary was in the garage recycling something. If I get the video to work, you will see how that played out.

We had a Great Time. We had excellent lasagne from Logli, garlic bread, and a tossed salad. Later we had that delicious chocolate cake with Bavarian cream filling from Hilander...along with choice of ice cream. Everyone got a party treat bag full of wonderful chocolate candies before they left.

I had one game: HOW WELL DO YOU REALLY KNOW ANN-MARIE? I asked thirty questions about AM and you had to give the correct answers. The prize was a gift card to Olive Garden. Well I was surprise how many didn't know as much about AM as I thought they might. Candice won...but she gave her prize to Angie who was runner-up. That's a story for another time. One of the questions was: What day of the week was AM born on? Now I told them that at least on this question they had seven possible choices to choose from. What day do you think she was born on? You get the same terms....and no you do not get a gift card for Olive Garden.

After the game AM opened her gifts...always a fun time for the party girl. Gary and I decided to get her something to remember her 30th by...so we purchased a Chocolate Pearl Ring. I fell in love with it when I first saw it and hope that she will enjoy wearing it. What fun she had trying on the different sunglasses. Then we sang "Happy Birthday" and had the traditional cake and ice cream.

At the end we got a great group picture of everyone wearing sunglasses. FUN FUN FUN

ANN-MARIE THIS IS THE END OF YOUR BIRTHDAY....I HAVE TO GET A JOB NOW TO PAY FOR ALL OF THIS FUN. LOVE YOU AND NEXT YEAR WILL BE VERY LOW KEY. RIGHT?

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Yes, yes. Very low key. I only want one thing really.

A trip to Disney World.

:-)

Alice said...

So bummed I couldn't be there. And I'm getting hungry AGAIN hearing the food descriptions! I'm so glad the surprise really happened!