Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bargain Time

Don't you all love this time of year...I mean those wonderful bargain racks. I know that it takes time to look...and try on various article of clothing but it can be fun and rewarding. For instance... For me it all started with a brown and white top. I beleive it was like $30.00 and I got it for only $10.00. Now all I needed was to find a nice white skirt or pants to go with it.
But it would also be nice to find a necklace to draw it all together. Soooo today I was going to see my mother. I stopped at Arby's to get her an orange swirl drink, but it was 9:50 and they don't open until 10:00. WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT? Anyway my favorite store Kohl's is just around the corner. (And they open at 8:00) Why not spend those 10 minutes looking. Yeah...just looking. Well you guessed it there on the bargin counter was this necklace for $7.20 (was $18.00). And since I had my new top on, it went perfect with the outfit.
Now I hadn't found any white pants YET. So I rushed by the bargain rack of clothes and low and behold there was one pair of white pants (and yes in my size). Bargain price $9.80. (Orig. cost $49.00)
Now you tell me! Did I do good or what? My total cost at Kohl's was only $15.64. Yes today is Wednesday and it's SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT DAY!!!! I got $2.55 more off of my purchase. There are some advantages to getting old. With the blouse the whole outfit is only $25.00. Not too bad.

If we could all learn to buy our summer clothes in the Fall and winter clothes in the Spring we would save a ton of money. It took time to do all of this, but it was fun doing it.

4 comments:

SturgillMom said...

I need you around here to help me find some bargains :) Good job....I love your new outfit!

The Beard Bunch said...

Looks great, Aunt Juliet! I guess the "I must find the best buy" instilled in me is a Rehfeldt thing :)

Ann-Marie said...

That brown and white top looks so cute on you! I forgot to tell you the other day - and I really like the necklace. I love an outfit that's worth a lot more than it costs! You're such a bargain hunter!

Alice said...

That is too cute! And, yes, what's up with places that don't open until 10?! I don't get it. Don't they know there are waiting customers??