Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Trip to South Carolina - In Three Parts - Part #1

"Do you want to get away for ten days? All expense paid?" asked by sister Jan so long ago that I don't remember what month she asked me that question. Of course the little wheels in my head are turning. Somehow I didn't think this was what one might call a fun vacation. By that I mean no responsibilties. Then on top of that first question, she asked me if I would be willing to fly! FLY! FLY!! Like in an airplane? "Not really." Was my first reply.

Well, to make this story short, I did decide to fly to South Carolina only because I know the drive would truly wear her out. And that's not a good thing when you are going to watch five grandchildren. (Ages: 2,4,6,8,10) Plans were to leave the 6th of May and get back the 16 of May. The day before we were to leave I started getting a sinus cold. But I wasn't going to let that stop me.

We fly from Milwaukee to Cleveland, Ohio and then on to Anderson, South Carolina. Flight - Okay or I wouldn't be writing this. Let me tell you that Danielle is one very organized mom I know. She had written out everything that Jan might need to know PLUS planned and froze all our evening meals!!!
Since we arrived on Thursday and the Senior Trip didn't start till Saturday morning, we got to spend a little time with Michael and Danielle. And their dog Maggie. Along with their five great kids.


Saturday morning they were off before I even got out of bed. Jan of course was up to see them off. Then Sunday was Mother's Day! What a great surprise to have these kid shower their great aunt with bath products. I am one of those people who loves to spend time in the bath tub and read. Thanks for these great gifts!!!


And of course Grandma got showered with some great bath products also!
The only thing going awry was that my cold was getting worse. Hard to breathe at night. Started losing my voice in the early evening, wasn't sleeping well....etc. Each day I just prayed that I could help Jan in someways. She was in great health and I think that's what got us through.



No comments: