Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day - Before Mother's Day

With out much thought, I had committed myself to go with my sister Jan to S. C. to help her take care of her five grandchildren. Not a hard task for us. We had done this before when there were only four grandchildren and one more wouldn't matter. The dates were May 6 - 16th. Not thinking that I would be gone not only for my birthday but Mother's Day also. And I didn't even give it thought that this was my first year as a Grandmother.

So when I told Ann-Marie the dates, she was glad she knew about these plans because she had been planning something special for me. OOPS!!! So before I left for Anderson, S. C., they gave this beautiful bracelet. As you all know Robert is my first husband's name. What a blessing to wear.
And even I didn't think about being a grandmother via my wonderful daughter. Oh, I enjoyed my grandchildren Andrew and Brigitte via my marriage to Gary, but to think that God would allow Ann-Marie to become a mother and then me a grandmother is words I can't express.


And of course, my daughter know me very well....I love chocolate...not just any kind...but chocolate with carmels. So she hand picked these at Fannie May Candies.
So I did indeed celebrate Mother's Day early. Got to wear my new bracelet on the plane to S.C. Ate some candy...but also left some behind so I could enjoy when I got back. THANKS! THANKS! Ann-Marie, Brett and Sam! Thanks for these wonderful gifts.

No comments: