Sunday, May 23, 2010

An Evening with Kathy & Judy 4-29-10

I always look forward to an evening out with my daughter. So when she found out that the talk host girls from WGN. Kathy and Judy would be speaking in town, she called me immediately and asked, "Do you want to go?" "Yes! Let's go." So she signed us up quickly because she knew the tickets would sell out fast...which they did. We had only heard Kathy and Judy on WGN. I didn't hear them alot when I was working. But after retirement I got to hear them a lot more.They are not believers but we would enjoy the different topics that would come up on their show. They even at times talked about what different people at the radio station believed about God. And since of the people who work for WGN are true believers, Kathy and Judy would actually tell us what those people believe. Which I found very interesting because it was the gospel in a nutshell.
At any rate, Ann-Marie and I were able to meet some really great ladies at our table. We even had a Kathy and Judy at our table...just not the ones who worked for WGN.

Both Ann-Marie and I were wondering if Kathy and Judy would mention why they were fired from WGN. Which of course they did but were very careful of what they said because they were still under contract...ending soon. But perhaps one of the reasons they explained was due to rating. Now, I'm not sure how that could apply to them, because they seemed to have a huge following. But at the same time they both expressed that there is life after radio and express different directions they might be taking.



After a delicious dinner and various FUNNY skits by different people we finally enjoyed just listening, crying, laughing as Kathy and Judy caught us up with what they both were doing. The photo above is us with Judy.


And here we are with Kathy!


Now whenever we hear of Kathy and Judy, we can say, I saw them both in person. It was a wonderful evening and I'm so glad that we attended an evening with Kathy and Judy.

No comments: