Monday, July 14, 2008

Never Never Give Up! Update 2

Well, Well...I thought that I would be celebrating the birth of one baby robin. SURPRISE !!! It's a boy, It's a girl...maybe it's twins. All that I really know is that there are TWO baby robins! Below you can see the birth of the first arrival and an egg next to the little robin. Notice how much featherless they are.
I tried very hard to not upset Mother Robin. She was so very protected of her babies.
She would keep a watchful eye wherever she roamed.
Boy did her babies want to be feed...all the time.
"Where are you Mom! We are so hungry!"
After being feed they just seem to be so satisfied and just hung their head over their nest to rest.

It has been a joy for me to follow all of this. Each day their little bodies get more feathers on them and they begin to look more like a real robbin should look. One day they will try flying and that nest will once again be empty like it was at the beginning of this story. I don't know if I will be able to see this event, but if I do, You All will see more pictures of my little babies robbins growing up. Enjoy.

5 comments:

CANDICE said...

Aww. There so cute> Hopefully they don't try to fly out just yet. That looks like a big nest. wowsers.

Cindy Swanson said...

Wow..."robin's egg blue" really IS a pretty color!

Ann-Marie said...

Aww..I just love that you and Gary are "grandparenting" these little robins! It's too, too sweet!

Alice said...

That is SO cool. I especially like the one of their heads hanging over the side.

I still think we need some sort of baby shower cake to celebrate.

SturgillMom said...

You got some great shots of those birds -- awesome job!