Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In The Beginning

Do you remember your first post? For me it was over a year ago. At the beginning, I thought that I would not have anything to post. At that time I went out in my backyard and began to take photos of those ugly Japanese beetles..they are nasty!!! They were attacking my flowers. They would eat the leaves away and also the beautiful flowers. WELL....

Gary and I have lived in our new home for four years. We have two hydrangea plants.
For the first time there is ONE flower on one of the plants. I know very little when it comes to flowers, and I'm not sure why it took so long to get this one....BUT
Those Japanese beetles are back!!! Every day I go out with my jar of soapy water and put them in my jar. "To The Death" At least there are less than the day before.
I will enjoy my One Hydrangea. It is so big and very beautiful. Despite those ugly beetles.

As you know I did much more postings than I ever thought I would. I just think it's sorta fun to return to my yard a year later and find these nasty, nasty beetles a topic of another post. Perhaps they had visited my blog and enjoyed all that attention I gave them a year ago and just wanted more attention. They however were rude...they left me no comment!

6 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

I remember that post! I am so glad that so many members of our family are doing blogs; it helps those of us in the "far reaches of the world" to stay in touch!

Alice said...

My dad has an awesome remedy for those. He bought it at Ace Hardware. I'll have to ask him the name of it, but it only cost a few dollars and within minutes had trapped about 30 Japanese beetles...

Alice said...

Oh, and congratulations on your one-year blog birthday! :-)

Ann-Marie said...

See, if you'd just stay inside with ME...those beetles wouldn't bother you!

Ann-Marie said...

P.S. - I remember setting up your blog and you thinking you wouldn't have anything to write! Imagine that!

Juliet said...

Alice,

When Gary and I went to a garden shop and the subject of the Japanese Beetles came up they recommended the jar and soapy water. They had tried the bag you can buy that lures the beetles...it just brings more around. They told us that they felt the jar was better.

Thanks for wanting to help me.