Thursday, March 6, 2008

Update on Stolen Licence Plates

I just love mystery stories...That is in books only.

This morning we got a called from the police department. Guess what folks? Last night someone robbed the Hilander Store on Rural Street. Guess what licence plates were on the car?N Memry 7! Yes, you read it right.

The officer told Gary that it was a good thing that we had reported our plate gone. If we hadn't done that, he said he would have been knocking on our door. The reason they took our back plate is because it also have the city sticker on it.

Since I didn't talk to the officer, and Gary didn't think to ask...I don't know if the guy was caught. If he was, do I get my licence plate back or do we need to order new ones?

Will keep you up to date..it's just seems so crazy!

6 comments:

Alice said...

N Memry robbed the Hilander down the street from me?!?!

Isn't this beginning to sound like an extraordinarily dumb criminal?

mom2mine said...

that is hysterical!

I am so glad you reported it stolen! I would have passed out if they were knocking on my door!

SturgillMom said...

OK, that is too funny! I can just see you and Gary sitting in jail on charges of robbing a store :)

Ann-Marie said...

Alice - That's what everybody at work said when I told them, too! What kind of idiot robs a store using a stolen VANITY plate? I mean, people are supposed to be able to remember vanity plates!

Mom - Maybe you and Gary should do what Brett did on the Jeep - just slap a vinyl sticker on the back that says, "This car protected by Smith & Wesson" and mount a big 'ol gun rack on the top! :-)

Ann-Marie said...

Of course, a dumb criminal would think that meant Wesson Vegtable Oil!

Juliet said...

I agree Alice! To steal a vanity plate..much more easy to remember than all those numbers other plates have on them.

I guess he was not caught. So I now have new plates.

I guess he didn't rob the store but he grabbed a lady's purse.