Friday, March 21, 2008

Celebrations!

Last night (Thursday, March 20, 2008) I took a beautiful picture of the sunset from our front window. This morning (Friday, March 21, 2008) I took the picture below. Yes, we are having a snow storm today.
Plans for today have been changed due to this storm. Gary and I were to drive to Dixon to celebrate our granddaughter's Brigitte 6th birthday, which will actually be on Tuesday. Since their family is leaving Sunday, they had decided to celebrate it today. So we will wait till they come back and celebrate her birthday another day.
BRIGITTE & ANDREW I will celebrate my sister Kathleen Spring's birthday, who would have been 52 years old today! There are many things to celebrate about her. She had that wonderful gift of hospitality! Whenever any family members came to town, it was Kathy who organized a family get-together. Another great thing about my sister, is her gift of gardening. So many beautiful flowers in her yard...and she was always adding more each year. Below is a picture of me, my newphew's wife Kara and my sister Kathy. God took Kathy home July 29, 2001. She was only 45 years old. She has left a HUGH HOLE IN OUR HEARTS.


The picture above shows us taking plants from Kathy's flower garden to plant in our own flower gardens.

The most important things that many of us will celebrate is the death of our Lord. Yes today is also Good Friday. And we also celebrate what the angel at the empty tomb said to the two Marys: "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He is risen, .." And I look forward to the day when I will celebrate seeing those who have gone before me...like my wonderful sister Kathy.


3 comments:

SturgillMom said...

That is what I remember about Kathy, too.....she made me feel so welcome into the family right away. I always thought of her as the party animal because she was always intiating the get-togethers.

Ann-Marie said...

TGFAK

Give up?

Thank God for Aunt Kathy! :-)

CANDICE said...

Sweet post. We went out for lunch to celebrate mom! We love her and miss her so much!