Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine Party @ Church





On Februrary l6, 2008 we had a nice Valentine's Party at our church. I've put off posting anything till I can find out how to spell Newlywed ...I'd been typing Newly Wed in some of my e-mails. Today I was reading Alice's blog and found out how to spell it correctly. You must know by now that I am one of the worlds worst spellers..not to mention how bad I construct my sentences. I always blamed my high school...I tellpeople, "What do you expect, I graduated from Auburn High School!"




Meanwhile back at the ranch..actually the church. It truly was a fun evening. In the center was a fountain where you could get a cold drink of punch. We played several different games throughout the night. One which makes me think that my thinking is all out-of-line. Pastor Aniol asked each table to pick a COUPLE that look most alike. I knew we had it all wrong when they went to the table Darren & Alice were. The choice they made...wellllll when two bald guys stand up and say.."We're it!" I know that the rest of the tables have lost this contest.(Just a side note: These bald guys are not a couple..I'm sure you all knew that!)


Then the NEWLYWED GAME WAS PLAYED! And of course it's always hard to match answers. But the three couples did fairly well. When you know that Alice and Darren were one of those couples, you never know what to expect...you see Darren was one of those bald guys I told you about earlier. Well( and I must say unbeknown to Alice) when the men came back and stood behind their wives, Darren had confiscated something from the childrens' church room. Most NORMAL people when asked a question in this game just answer back with their NORMAL voice...not Darren. Low and behold he brings forth his hand with a puppet on it to give the answer in a different voice. Alice wondered if someone had put him up to this..what a silly idea..Darren doesn't need any help in that department. However it was funny. Alice and Darren didn't win, but I believe that they tied for second.


We had great pies from Bakers Square! I got to enjoy my favorite Lemon Meringue. Our speaker was Pastor Bob Logan. His testimony was a reminder that we are all saved by God's grace. My faviorite verse is Ephesians 2:8 & 9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."


All in all it truly was a time of good food, fun and fellowship.







2 comments:

Alice said...

I liked the way you said that "tied for second"--you know, out of three couples! :-)

Ann-Marie said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun - and okay, so maybe you had pies from Baker's Square, but WE had coffee from Meg's!

Doesn't that make you wanna go to Morning Star? Doesn't it? Oh, come on!