Saturday, May 17, 2008

Party Girl

I had a hard time with what to title this blog...Showers of Blessings...I't my birthday and I'll Party if I want to...Too Much Fun..etc. May 11, as you already know was Mother's Day and my birthday...so I started Sunday afternoon with a luncheon made by Ann-Marie. She made a delicious chicken crock-pot recipe, fresh salad, garlic potatoes, corn. While we ate in another crock-pot she had a cake cooking. (Yes in the crock-pot). I had brought my camera along, but the battery was so low, it wouldn't take any pictures..sad, sad. They showered me with gifts for mother's day (Yes, one of them was a book.) and then a beautiful black necklace for my birthday.
And of course I got CARMELS.

Then on May 12th, Louise, our mother and I headed for Jan's in Watertown, WI to continue to celebrate my birthday with my sisters and my mother. As sisters, whenever your birthday comes around, you get to choose where you want to eat...I wanted to see the new location of The Upper Crust and of course eat there.
Here we are at the Upper Crust waiting for our food to be served.
For dessert, we went back to Jan's. The Upper Crust gives you a free piece of pie on your birthday. I love Lemon Meringue Pie so that's what I had for my dessert. Coconut Cream Cheese Cupcakes it what I had made for everyone. Jan also had made sugar cookies (plain ones for mom) and some dessert with rhubarb in it. Jan has a scarecrow in their big garden who they have named Wayne (our father's name). So the above picture is Agnes and Wayne...don't they look like a cute pair?
Here I am again...gifts and more gifts. Just bring them on. Jan showered me with bath products...yes I am one of those people who loves to read a book while soaking her body in a nice bubble bath.
After dessert, we went down to the garden and got some rhubarb to bring home. Both Louise and I love to make desserts with it.
Jan had given both mom and me a beautiful corsage. And mom looks just so beautiful in this picture with the corsage, I just had to post it.

On Tuesday, my brother Dave stopped by and gave me a big bag of Mrs. Fishers and wished me a happy birthday. He made my day. If you know anything about me than you know that my favorite chips are Mrs. Fishers... made right here in Rockford on Fulton Ave. In the mail I got a hugh and heavy package from my friend Judy who lives in Appleton, WI. Again I got two books, candles...she must had wrapped over 10 items. When I sent her a thank you note I advised her not to send me anything until I turn 75. Ha

Let me tell you this party is still going on. On Thursday, my friend Linda from Annies took me to the Celtic Thistle in Rockton. After lunch we went to the County Cottage to look and of course buy some country items. It was so much fun. She gave me a really unique gift. When you visit me, I'll show it to all who care to see it.

Party continues....Friday my dear friend Jackie took me to The Elderberry Tea Room in Rockton. Upon entering, there was a sign that informed us that Sunday would be their last day in business. We were sadden. They have good food and Jackie and I enjoyed a Turkey Reuben Sandwich...mmmm it was delicious. Since Jackie had not been to the DAIRYHAUS in Rockton, we had ice cream for dessert (for once I got to do the treating). Jackie know me pretty well too...so I got The Mitford Bedside Companion, PLUS a CD by Fernando Ortega. I call all of this just pure fun. Jackie and I ventured to Shopko in Beloit, WI for some plants that were on special. (Now that's another story for another time)

So perhaps I should have titled my blog SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS. Yes God has given me such a wonderful family and great friends. It's truly not about the gifts..(Now I will enjoy everyone of them) but it is these people who truly are a gift to me. THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND AGAIN I SAY THANK YOU.

5 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

Thank you for the picture, particularly the one of grandma and Wayne. You are a blessed lady, but the main reason is because you have been such a huge blessing to each one of us. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Alice said...

Hello? How did I miss it was your birthday??? I am so sorry. I can't believe I did that. And it's not like the church doesn't give us enough reminders! I guess I am so focused on our almost-the-same anniversaries that I missed your birthday. I'm glad to hear you had (are having!) such a good one!

Ann-Marie said...

You are enjoying retirement entirely TOO much, party girl! :-)

I'm glad you had a good birthday - it's the way those of us who LOVE you get to SHOW you how MUCH you mean to us all year 'round!

SturgillMom said...

That IS a great picture of Grandma! And I love the picture of her with Wayne....he is looking quite dashing this summer :)

Deb said...

It sounds like you had a stellar birthday! Happy *late* Birthday! Grandma looks great and hopefully feeling as good as she looks! Love ya'!