Saturday, May 31, 2008

MMM Part 3 Lake Geneva

MMM (Merry Month of May) On May 25th, Gary and I attended Berean Baptist Church. It was exactly 6 years ago that we were married in that church. However, that is not the reason we were there. Pastor Swanson who lead me to the Lord when I was 8 years old was celebrating 55 years of faithful service to the Lord. What a blessing to see a servant of the Lord still walking with the Lord.

On Monday, Gary and I left for Lake Geneva, WI for a few days to celebrate our anniversary.

Lake Geneva is a beautiful little town..a mini Door County. We had booked a boat tour around the lake. The Rivera dock is where we went aboard the Geneva Boat.
We also signed up to tour the Black Point Estate. It was given to the state in 1999, but it just was open to the public last year. It takes about 2 hours to take the tour and it was so interesting to hear about the owners.
When I first phoned for the tours, the ladies said.."Now you know there are about 120 steps up to the home." Of course I didn't and with my phobia of heights I wasn't sure I wanted to do this. But I decided I would try it and everything worked out fine On Wednesday, Gary and I took a 10 mile bike ride in Springfield,WI (There must be a Springfield in every state...one here right in Illinois and my sister Laurie lives in Springfield, TN) The name of the place was called Pedal and Cup. The weather was great and we had a wonderful time on the path...seeing great wild flowers . After the ride we headed for the Lake Geneva Pie Company..nothing like trying to even out calories...HA HA.The owners of the pie place had just won blue ribbons in a national contest.
Here is the boat we rode on...Geneva Boat. It was soooo cold on Tuesday that only seven people were on this tour along with 2 captains. We had loads of fun because it was a small group. And even at the Estate we enjoyed having a small group. The water was somewhat choppy coming back that perhaps that was more scary than all those steps going up to the Black Point Mansion.

All in All we had a great time...eating way TOO MUCH...homemade ice cream, candies, etc...I think it time to get the bikes out and go another 10 miles...I know, I know, it going to have to be more than 10 miles, but one has to start somewhere.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

At least the bike ride evened out the calories! I'm glad you guys had such a good time! And way to go beating that fear of heights!

Alice said...

Love the pictures--it looks so pretty there. So glad you had a happy anniversary!