Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Turning Sixty-Five

Yes, you read that title right. I'm now an old lady. At least I'm sixty-five. How I got this old, I really don't know. It seems like I was just a teenager. It was such a fun day! My sister Jan came down from Watertown and we did some shopping before we met others at the nursing home, so we could include our mom.
Louise purchased a lemon meringue pie and made some really delicious pasta salad that my mother just kept getting into. Jan purchased a chocolate truffle cake. Jan and I pick up pizza at Logli. My daughter who knows I love Mrs. Fishers' Chips got them hot off the press.


So happy that Ann-Marie was able to take time out of her work to attend the little party. I got so many wonderful gifts, that I'm just doing a video of the fun items I got from everyone.


I was so stuffed from lunch that I just had an orange later. (Gary had taken me out on Saturday because he knew I would not want to go out for supper on Monday after a birthday party.) What better way to end my day with a wonderful bubble bath and a.....


good book to read.


Thanks to everyone that made this a very special birthday for me. And I'm still celebrating it with other friends.
P.S. Two things I like about being born in May. One is the flower for the month of May is Lilies of the Valley and the birthstone is emerald. Tammy gave me some Lilies of the Valley plants and Ann-Marie gave me a necklace with emeralds in it..not the real thing but the color is right on.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday, and that you enjoyed "The Help"! Wasn't it great? We'll have to chat about it sometime...

Ann-Marie said...

I'm glad you like your "emerald" necklace!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday lady! Love ya'!