Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

The month of May always seems like just one long party. There are three reasons for this. One of course is Mothers' Day. Another is my birthday on May 11, which sometimes falls on Mothers' Day. Then Gary and I were married in May. When Ann-Marie asked me what I would like for Mothers' Day I told her I would like a few marigold plants. WOW! I got a flat full! My wonderful son-in-law, Brett said, "Let's just get her a full flat." I can't wait to plant all of them.

One gift I truly treasured was the fact that Ann-Marie wanted to know if I would like Brett and her to go to our church that Sunday. (Now, that a hard thing for her to do because she has informed me that when I get right with the Lord, I will start attending Morning Star Baptist Church where she attends.) After church we went to get food for my mother at KFC! She just loves to have just one chicken wing, mashed potatoes with gravy and coleslaw.
My card for my mother was done on my PC Hallmark Card software. I just put a photo of me as a baby, and asked below the picture if she remembered May 11, 1944! She said she loved that photo of me.



Of course we had to have some type of dessert...chocolate eclairs from the Old Fashioned Bakery in Beloit, WI.




Since my mother really doesn't need any material goods, we usually give her money. Ann-Marie gave her a Target gift card, which she will also enjoy.




Just as we got ready to leave, my brother Tim and he family arrived. We were able to visit with them for a little while.
Mothers' Day this year is even more special to me because my daughter, Ann-Marie will have their first child in July. I'm looking forward to me becoming a grandmother and watching my daughter enjoy being a mom as much as I did.




1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

It was such a fun day! I'm glad we got to spend it together.