Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Remembering

Memorial Day is set aside for remembering. Well that's what Ann-Marie and I do on March 3rd. We remember and reflect on Robert Lawrence Trotter's life. I love the fact that even on his grave marker it says, "Remembered Always."
While driving to Scandinavian Cemetery on Rural Street, we both made the comment about it being ten years ago that God took Bob home."Ten years. It seems just like yesterday." were my words. "Then there are days it seems so long ago." were Ann-Marie's words. Perhaps it all has to do with our relationship. I was his wife for 32 years, and she was his daughter for 20 years.

There are many things I adore about our only child. She is a lot like her father in soooo many ways, and that has always been a blessing and comfort to me. One that stands out so much for me is her sense of humor. Like the picture above. While I'm taking the picture, she tells me that I can entitle it, THREE GENERATIONS.




As mother and daughter we had a great time together. God has been so faithful to us and blessed us. To even think that He takes one life and then turns around and give us another life in return.
On one of my daily inspiration calendars (yes, I have several) it said for March third, "The world is round, and the place which seems to be the end may only be the beginning."

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I had a wonderful time with you, too! It was such a great day to remember Dad and just be together. We are SO blessed.

P.S. - I still think Three Generations is funny! :-)

Alice said...

This is so sweet and funny. From everything you guys have said, it sounds like Bob would get a big kick out of that!

CANDICE said...

Man I love you guys! I love the picture of Ann-Marie turned sideways! She looks too cute. It's always good remembering the love that was shared between the 3 of you! Now you can pass it on down to the little one.