Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Tribute To My Brother Tim

I've got five brothers. They are as different as night and day. (You can stop repeating "Praise the Lord!") And I truly love them ALL. In the picture above, are Scott, Bruce, Ron(He must be the oldest. He can't even stay awake for this photo.), David and Tim.
My brother Tim is the baby of our twelve sibling family. There are sixteen years between me and my brother, Timothy James. There is a photo I just love somewhere, where he is sitting on my knee. I'm probably about nineteen and he is three. Tim may have told you that we other siblings were adopted and that he is Wayne and Agnes's only real child. Ha!
When I look at my calendar planner that I keep records of all events that happen in my family for March, it's a lot. For instance on March 2, 1983 our dad passed away. Tim was only about twenty-three. You see he was born March sixth. On March 3, 1999, my husband passed away. When that did happen, I believe I heard Tim say something like, "I'm beginning to hate March. I perhaps need to mention that our sister Kathy, who Tim was close to was also born in March. God took Kathy home when she was only forty-five. The picture above is Tim at my wedding ...almost seven years old.

Dave, Mom and Tim
Being the baby of our large family had some advantages and disadvantages. Tim probably knew our dad better than any of us. But Mom had just told me recently that because he was the last one at home, it could get lonely. I'm glad that I was here to attend his high school graduation.
There are many things I love about my brother, Tim. Here are some things: When he married Judi (Good Choice Award.), one day they asked if they could take Ann-Marie out for her birthday. They spoiled her. They both love and wanted children but since it was happening, they took in foster children. Now that another story for another time. But after ten years of marriage, on March seventh, Jeffrey was born. A year later in September, they had another son, Justin. Then several years later on March sixteen, they had beautiful Elizabeth. Last but not least, they adopted a son, Anthony. I must mention one of their foster children they truly consider their son, Steve Crowe...on March 24, 1996 he had been living with them for three years.
Tim like all my brothers is a very hard worker. He has a heart of gold. He truly will do anything to help out. Like if Santa gets sick, he will fill the gap. If you want him to sing at one of our crazy Rehfeldt Christmas Eve gatherings, he'll do that too.

Darryl, Ron, Scott and Tim



Like all couples, Tim and Judi have had their share of trials, but they get up everyday and by God's grace start another day.
As you have read, the month of March has had it's share of sorrows, but tomorrow will be one of it's joys. It's my brother Tim's birthday. Yes we will all celebrate the birth of our youngest sibling.

"Happy Birthday" Tim. Not only from me, but from ALL of us.

6 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Happy birthday, Uncle Tim! I still remember that awesome birthday party with him and Aunt Judi. Aunt Judi made the best (to this day) spaghetti I've ever had, and they took me shopping at a toy store! Good times!

I am always grateful for Uncle Tim's willing heart - he is such a grace to our family.

Alice said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful brother. And another reminder that joy and sorrow come mixed together. I guess we wouldn't have one without the other...

Charity said...

Yeah, Candice and BJ got to stay at Uncle TIm and Aunt Judi's once. They got to take a trip to Toys-R-Us. I got to stay at Aunt Jan and Uncle Darryl's and eat waffles with Peanut Butter on them. Yum Yum! Probably would have preferred Toys R Us but I am still eating peanut butter on my waffles and pancakes! It is nice to know what a goodly heritage we have and that we have real men, outside of our Fathers, that we can look up to.

Judi Rehfeldt said...

Tim says, "Thanks, Juliet. You are a very special sister and I love you very much!

Judi Rehfeldt said...

Oh, how I love your pictures. I have the one you are talking about with Tim on your knee and the picture next to it is you (very pregnant) standing next to Tim in his cap and gown at the old house. What nice things you said about my wonderful husband...thanks!

The Beard Bunch said...

Happy Birthday, Uncle Tim! Like Charity and Ann-Marie, I remember staying at your house (in the very nice basement). One thing I vividly remember was Tim and Judy's wedding shower and how someone prayed for "Jim and Tudy!" Anyway, thanks, Aunt Juliet, for the reminder.