Monday, March 9, 2009

On the Road Again - Birthdays!

Like I have often told you, since my family is so large, we are always celebrating someone's birthday. In the years gone by, my Dad and Jan use to celebrate their birthdays together since his was the 25th and hers is the 27th. My sister-in-law Venita birthday is February 20th. S0000, we decided to celebrate both Jan and Venita this year by going to Watertown, WI. Because of weather and sickness, it got put off several times. But finally last Friday with the sun shinning brightly we (Mom, Venita, Louise and I) headed for Watertown. We had lunch at the Cobble Stone.

Great Salad Bar

As you all know, we always enjoy shopping. Since the Cobble Stone is located inside where the shops are, we just had to browse. After looking, we went back to Jans for our dessert.


My sister, Louise had made a homemade carrot cake. Our birthday girls above couldn't wait for us to sing "Happy Birthday" so we could cut the cake. (Sorry that Venita's eyes were shut when this photo was taken.)



I of course, wanted to add some ice cream to my piece. It was so delicious. Thanks Louise for driving us to Watertown and making the cake. It was such a beautiful day! But like all our trips, they go too fast and we had to head home.




2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

And you got to wear your new sweater set combo! Looks really nice!

The Beard Bunch said...

Mom has been looking forward to her carrot cake for awhile now. It looks good!