Monday, February 23, 2009

From the Editor's Desk:


It's all in the Blood!


The other day I referred to myself my using the phrase, "Yes, us Rehfeldts would do that." "But you haven't been a Rehfeldt for a long time." was her reply. Then of course that got my brain working overtime about that comment.


When I got married over 42 years ago to Robert Trotter, I became Juliet Trotter. But that was in name only. When he had a long lost relative dead in Florida that had left no will, the attorneys were looking for blood relatives. Because I was just married to him, didn't make me eligible to receive any money this man left. Bob did receive some money from this man's estate but only because he was in the bloodline.


A year after my husband had passed away, his Aunt Helen passed away. Aunt Helen had left a very nice estate behind. Even though I had been married to Bob for 32 years, would I receive any of the money? No, it would go to our only child, Ann-Marie. Why? Because she is the direct bloodline of her father.


So you see, it really doesn't matter who I am married to. When it come to any inheritance you have to be in the bloodline to receive any benefits. I guess if some long last relative of mine passes away, he or she may leave me some money. But I tell you they have to have either Rehfeldt or Cowert blood in them for me to even be considered.


Can I say with some certainty, ONCE A REHFELDT ALWAYS A REHFELDT? At any rate, it's something to think about.


4 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I know I always consider myself a Trotter-Rehfeldt more than I do a Soderstrom. You marry the name, but you ARE who you always were! :-)

Judi Rehfeldt said...

Oh my gosh, Elizabeth looks just like you in the picture! We are freaking out and I just had to make an account so I could tell you!

The Beard Bunch said...

I love the picture at the top of your page. That bird looks so content, and not at all cold :)

Juliet said...

Wow! Judi, I din't even know that you read my blog.

Well I gues Elizabeth and are just great looking people!! It must be the Rehfeldt genes.

The big photo is my senior high school picture from Auburn.