Friday, February 20, 2009

Baked Spaghetti Dinner!

Thanks to my dear friend Alice, I have been wanted to make her receipe for baked spaghetti. One could said that it makes a boatload. About a week ago, my neice Candice phoned me to see if I could take care of Brielle, while she attended to some business. Anyone who loves children, would jump at this chance. So since I had February 19 opened, I gladly accepted the offer. Then on Wednesday Ann-Maire phoned. She wanted to stop by on Thursday evening and have me pin her new slack for Aunt Louise to hem them. I just said, "Why don't you come by and have supper with us. I've been wanted to make this great receipe that Alice gave me." Well that was the same day that I would be having Brielle and so I just thought, why not invite them to stay for supper too. Then knowing that my nephew BJ loves Italian food, why not invite him too.
As you see from the photo above, BJ would be lost without his toys!! And the guys just look on with interestThe supper went well. Even Brielle stayed in that big chair the whole time. And eveyone enjoyed the spaghetti.


This photo is for my sister, Linda in France who gave me these lovely spoons!


See how much that receipe makes! And it is just so delicious.
I spend the morning making cupcakes with cream cheese frosting! When Brielle came we played awhile before her nap. During her nap, I was able to get the baked spaghetti ready. Then make a tossed salad with only lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers because there are certain members of my family,who will remain nameless, who can't eat some of those other healthy veggies....like broccoli, green peppers, etc. Oh, and I'm so sorry that I forgot to cut up an avocado. Alice had put some in the salad she served us and it was so delicious. We also enjoyed some garlic bread.
When Brielle went to bed, we played sequence. Hate to admit this but Ann-Marie and Brett were the winners. Candice and I were second. In the last game Gary and BJ won. This was the first time that BJ had played the game. Let me tell you that he was a mean blocker. Candice and I would have tied with Brett and Ann-Marie if BJ hadn't removed one of our chips. Thanks BJ!
It was a totally fun evening. And just think, it all started from wanted to try a receipt. Thanks Alice.




5 comments:

Colleen said...

sounds like fun. Wish I could have been there.

Ann-Marie said...

Ha! Ha! We won! You whiner-babies! LOL! It was SO fun. I haven't laughed like that in AGES. Candice and I were crying with laughter. And BJ took the cake...liteally...how many cupcakes did he eat???

BJ Boehm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CANDICE said...

It was Just what I needed that is all I know! Oh, and Ann-Marie.. You might have Won but you also had to take home the backless man! So really it was a toss up.

Alice said...

I'm glad you got to make the spaghetti! Yeah, it does make a ton doesn't it?! It's good for a party, and everyone seems to like it. I'm sorry about Sequence--you are having a streak of bad luck lately!!