Friday, December 26, 2008

Rehfeldt Christmas Eve- Part 3- Best Part


"I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA! I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!" That's all I remember saying when I unwrapped a gift from our traditional Santa. Normally only the younger members of our families receive gifts from Santa, but somethimes we like to pull a prank on an older member. Well I did threw in a gift from Santa for Dr. Sturgill. At first I thought my sister was getting back at me. Mine was the last gift to be given out that evening.
Judi, my sister-in-law informed me that my mother begin to cry. Since I was standing and she was sitting behind me, I didn't know this. Then Charity, Colleen and Candice were crying. The whole family were so happy for Ann-Marie and Brett!
What a way to end our Rehfeldt Annual Christmas Eve Gathering. I'm still on cloud nine. And oh so thankful to the Lord for answered prayer.

5 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Amen! You are going to be a wonderful grandma. And, I'm so glad we "got" you!

Deb said...

Oh so happy for you!!!! Congrats!

The Beard Bunch said...

I have been waiting to hear the blog on this. My mom called me on her way home from the Christmas Eve gathering. I was so excited for all of you; I cried too :) I thought Ann-Marie would blog about it, but I guess I will have to wait for her version of the drama. YEAH!!!!!

a joyful nusiance said...

I am so happy for you!! I will continue praying!!

SturgillMom said...

WELL....now I am crying!!! I was so excited when Mom Sturgill called and told me -- what an answer to many prayers! We are SO excited :)