Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day Before Christmas

It was the day before Christmas and my phone kept ringing. Jan calling from Watertown, Wisconsin. "It's snowing here. What's it doing there?" she asked. "It's snowing here." was my reply. "We plan to leave here around 3:00 p.m. Keep me posted."

Next phone call was from my neice Tammy. "Well, Uncle Dave is sick (he usually is our Santa), so they won't be coming. Aunt Venita said the weather was to dip down thirty degrees and the winds were to pick-up. What do you think we should do?"

I can't remember any year that we have cancelled a Rehfeldt Christmas Eve.

I talked to my brothers, Bruce in Chicago and Tim here in Rockford...Tim was willing to be Santa if no one wanted the job. Do you know who are Santa was? It wasn't Tim. At any rate they both felt the show should go on. And even when Tammy talked to her Aunt Sheila, her reply was, "We can't cancel a Rehfeldt Christmas Eve Party."

We did forego our caroling and had our dinner earlier.

We had around 60 people. And we are so thankful for everyone who came. Thanks to the Berean Baptist Church in Beloit for letting us use their church.

Take the time and read my three-part blogging about this yearly event. The ENDING IS GREAT!!!!

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

I'm SO glad we didn't cancel it!