Thursday, June 26, 2008

Watertown & Cambridge

Due to all the rain, getting to Watertown was quite a feat. We couldn't go thru Jefferson City and ended up going thru Lake Mills. But eventually we arrived at Jan's home. The next morning we just had to go to some garage sales...that's another event us sisters enjoy doing together. Jan found a gold mine when she came across a garage sale with lots and lots of stamps. She is involved in card stamping BIG TIME and makes these great looking cards.
On Monday, it was the changing of location for Linda again and we all met in Cambridge, WI. We had a great lunch at Tru. They have excellent food.
We enjoyed a chicken pizza along with their house salad...mmmm good. The weather was perfect and we were able to sit outside and just enjoy the food and conversation.
What trip is never complete unless you go shopping. We found some sales and even were able to purchase a birthday gift for our sister Linda...her birthday is in August and she will be back in France. She found a beautiful necklace.
Although my sister Linda was under the weather most of the time we were in Watertown, Jan and I did manage to take a long walk one day and on another day we took a bike ride. Sunday Linda was able to attend church where Darryl was speaking and then our gracious host and hostess took us out for lunch at Settler's Bay. Don't they make a great looking couple! Just want to thank them for all the fun we had and for all the meals that Jan prepared. On Monday Linda was almost back to normal and did enjoy the day in Cambridge. If you get the chance..take a nice drive to Cambridge, you'll enjoy it just as much as we did.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a nice time. I think I am most humored by my mother standing in a skirt in front of a tavern sign. I hope she partook of just the restaurant portion of that establishment.

Ann-Marie said...

You and your sisters! I'm so glad you had a good time. I only wish Aunt Linda had been feeling better. Thanks for the great photos.

SturgillMom said...

Love all the pictures...looks like you guys had a fun time together (as always!) That is a great picture of Michael's parents.

Cindy Swanson said...

You ladies look like you had a wonderful time! There's nothing like getting to spend time with your sisters. My two sisters and my mom are planning to visit me in September...I can't wait!

CANDICE said...

I have such cute Aunt's!!