Friday, June 13, 2008

Never, Never, Give-Up

You may be thinking that I will have a story relating to Winston Churchill. SORRY to disappoint you....well maybe not eveyone. This year some robbin has been trying to build a nest in the corner of our deck that has a very nice outside light. However, we (both Gary & I) did not want this to take place. First of all it would involve alot of bird traffic. And as we all know what comes with alot of bird traffic. You know...that white stuff. Got the picture? Would you truly believe that Gary has gone out FOUR TIMES and took the starting nest down! Yes FOUR TIMES!!!!
One morning while I'm eating breakfast, low and behold outside the patio doors on the railing of our deck is Mrs. Robin with the making of nest materials in her beck. I rush to look at the outside light...sure enough a new nest has the makings of nest number 5.
Can't you just hear Mrs. Robin say, "Never, Never Give Up!"
Well as of this posting the nest is still in place and last time I looked, the nest is getting packed down with all kinds of materials...plastic, grass clippings, twigs etc. I'll let you know if this nest makes it or not. I'm not going to say anything more to Gary. I'm the one ready to give up.

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

That's right - let the birdies have a home, too! They were there first! (As in nature came before your house) Power to the birds!

I had such a good time last night - thanks for the delish ice cream. YUMMY!

Alice said...

And look at it this way...you will have the fun of seeing baby robins!