Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Riverside Park - Watertown, WI

On June 15, l996 the family attended the wedding of Michelle Sturgill and Gary Beard...yes I know that was 12 years ago. The wonderful reception took place at Riverside Park in Watertown, WI. The pictures below show what damage the overrunned Rock River has done to this beautiful park. Many of you were at the wedding and will remember the little bridge above.
Can you believe what you are seeing?
The play area is dry and children can use the swings, etc.

If you look close, you will see the bridge in the background and see how high the water got.
I will post more about the sisters adventures, but I just wanted Michelle and others to see what Riverside Park looks like right now. When my sister Jan came down, she was not able to go thru Jefferson City...they were really hit hard with all the rain that we have had.

2 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I love that park (for some obvious reasons), but it is really washed out. Thanks for the post. Mom had a great time with you and Linda visiting. You are an awesome sister and a pretty great aunt, too :)

Ann-Marie said...

I cannot believe the flooding around here, too! And when I was driving to work today, it started raining, and I was like, "Not again!!!"

Sportscore was so flooded, all the soccer goal posts were covered! The news anchors had to tell teenagers to stop trying to canoe in the park!