Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Trip to Missouri






Jan and I had such a good time at Michael and Danielle's. It was so good to see them and the wonderful new addition to their family Makayla. She is so sweet and cute. Bryant was in school all day and Mackenzie went only half a day. We got to spend alot of time with Danielle, Bryce, Madyson and baby Makayla. My sister has go much eneregy...I couldn't of done all that she had done. First I'm not a cook and she did all the cooking. And as always the food was so GOOD! She loves being a GRANDMA! She enjoy reading and singing to her Grandkids and they love every bit of it. I on the other hand would sneak away to read or get in an afternoon nap. However on Thursday, I told Mackenzie ,"I'm going to make Grandma take a nap while you and I do a craft."
She was willing and Jan finally got a well deserved nap. Michael is such a great dad...at night I felt like I was off duty. He just takes over with the help of his Mom. Danielle was such a great help to me when Jan went on a field with Bryant. I guess I'm the one that is helpless without the help of other people.

I did enjoyed the time I got alone with Madyson and Bryce...and especially when I got to hold Makayla. They are all fun to be around. Mackenzie and I had fun playing soccer ball..of course our way of playing it. Bryant reminds me of Michael..I love Bryant's facial expressions! We would have stayed another day longer, but Darryl phoned and said the weather would be bad for traveling on Saturday.

All in all the trip went GREAT. The only drawback was me getting a bad cold. I'm still not to full recovery but I would make that trip again.

Thanks to Danielle and Michael for always opening their home to Gramdma and Aunt Juliet. We always have fun. Plus we got to celebrate Mackenzie 6th Birthday!!

6 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

My mom is a great grandma, but she told me she could not have done it without you, and I am sure that is true! Thanks for being a super great aunt :) Danielle said the kids used to ask, "Is gramma bringing Sadie?" Now they ask, "Is gramma bringing Aunt Juliet?" :)

SturgillMom said...

You are so funny....you made that trip sound relaxing for you. And I KNOW that you did a lot more work than you implied. I can't tell you "thank you" enough for being willing to come down and help us once again!

Juliet said...

I really enjoy our whole family. And Lord willing, I would do it again.

Ann-Marie said...

Mom - you are SO funny. You sound just like me...or is it I sound just like you...liking to read and our precious afternoon naps. And you're a much better cook...now, anyway! :-)

Unknown said...

I recall the last time you went down to Kansas City, you spent a lot of time with the kids while Mom was sick. She does have a lot of energy, but I think she crashes big when she gets home. I'm glad you have been able to go down with her. I like the idea of her driving down with someone.
Maybe you can come with her over this way sometime. I'm sure you would be just as loved here.

Juliet said...

Hi Aaron

Whenever she needs me and I'm not sick, I'll come Love AJ And I know that I would be loved also.