Monday, June 29, 2009

Baby Shower for Samuel

Well, this day finally came. A Shower for Samuel given by her family. Where to begin is always the hard part. Her cousins were so helpful...they did the whole show. From Tammy printing out the invites to me having a luncheon so we could all help with addressing the enevlopes for the invitations. Thanks to Candice and Beth who helped with the shower. Ann-Marie knows that she is very fortunate to have such great cousins and aunts who help out all the time with so many events in our family. Thanks to all her aunts and family members that provided the delicious food. My old boss from Annie's said, "I haven't tasted a bad thing yet." So many photos that I even had to do two slide shows. I hope I got all the photos in. Here we have Luella, Ann-Marie and Camille
This delicious cake from Hilander.


What a cool punch!

Here we have some of her aunts and friends.



I was even surprised by a wonderful friend of our family, Jan Hafeli giving me a gift. My first Grandma photo frame. Thanks Jan.
So many people. So much conversation. So much photos. So much food. So many many gifts. So much fun!!!
Like all events, there are some things that can go wrong. Like the piggy bank that people put money into so Samuel would have a little head start in this life. But while we were packing up gifts and putting them in Ann-Marie's care, the bank got knocked off the table and broke into many many pieces. Money went everywhere. That was fun picking up.
Then when Candice offered to put the 4 in 1 convertible bed in her SUV, a flat tire was discovered. So Brett, the only man around got assigned the duty of changing the tire. That took awhile. But he finally got it changed. Thanks Brett.
As always, just sit back and enjoy the two slide shows. Please enjoy, it took me most of the morning to get this done. :)

6 comments:

Colleen said...

wish we could have been there. It likes you all had so much fun.

The Beard Bunch said...

Great pictures and looks like so much fun! I am sure you had an especially good time sharing with all of the friends and family, celebrating your first grandbaby! Just one more month, right???

Alice said...

Wish I could have been there too! It looks like a lot of fun and what cute decorations! I love the rubber ducky theme...

Carol Lea Ashmore said...

Sis, You almost got me crying (not), but tears any-ho, looking at all your comments and beautiful pictures of shower and 2 graduation parties. Ann-Marie made a comment on Beth's blog that needs explanation - something about a "T" person she helped - oh, maybe Tammy???
Love everything and made me fell like I was there. Thanks. Carol

Jennittia said...

Wish I could have been there! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

Ann-Marie said...

It was SO wonderful! I am so fortunate to have a family who not only puts up with me, but throws me parties!