Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weddings

You may be wondering why I have a wedding picture of me and my dad! Well, with summer around the corner, many weddings take place. However Bob and I got married in February...the dead of winter. We were living in Chicago at the time, but my wedding was to take place in Rockford. In 1967 there was a huge snowstorm and we would have missed our own wedding except it was the following weekend.

I sure was young WAY back then. Since my father died in 1983, this picture is very special to me. Did you all realize that out of his seven daughters, I was the first to get married.

Just enjoy the photo. I'm proud to say that my mother made my wedding dress. I still have it but sorry to say that I cannot fit into...yet. Maybe someday.

5 comments:

Alice said...

What a neat picture! You look beautiful!!

candice said...

awww. I miss grandpa and I didn't even know him really. I was three when he died I think. I love that picture.

Ann-Marie said...

You are so beautiful!!! Then and now. People always tell me how young you look, and how pretty you are - but I tell them, you'll never believe it - she's as "pretty" inside as she is outside!

Ah well, like mother, like daughter! :-)

I agree with Candice - it was nice to "see" Grandpa again. Hard to believe I was only 5 when he passed away - and I think you meant "died" not "dead," although that did make me laugh out loud - there I go "correcting again!"

Janice Sturgill said...

Don't make me cry! I love the picture! Mom made my wedding dress as well. And then she remade it for me to wear for Michelle's wedding. So many precious memories! HAPPY MAY DAY!

SturgillMom said...

Hey, Michael and I like your hair in that picture -- that would be instyle now :)