Monday, September 7, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened In Door County

One of the big questions when staying at the home of Charlene is: "WHERE WILL YOU SLEEP?" We needed to bring our own sheets and pillowcases. There are four choices. The king bed, the queen bed, one of the two twin beds or one the two hide-a-beds.
This is one blog that I wish with all my heart that Ann-Marie could have posted. She has a way with words and can be so funny. The reason I need her is because it was very comical when looking back! Of course I first must make the statement we made in Door County. "WHAT IS SAID OR DONE IN DOOR COUNTY, STAYS IN DOOR COUNTY" But since I am a Rehfeldt, I must tell this story.Here we have Venita making up her bed. Linda would take the other single bed.
Don't we all look so happy heading to Door County. The five us would arrive on Saturday. In making decisions on who should sleep where, Louise would take the king-size bed and when Tammy arrived on Sunday, she would share the bed with her mom. Jan and I would share the queen-size bed. Linda and Venita would take the single beds.

Sometime during the night, something went awry! One of the hide-a-beds had sheets on it. But no one was sleeping in it. Hummmmm. Linda was in the living room and we asked her if she had slept on it. "No!" not me. Well it had to have been Venita. So when Venita got up she just said, "Boy, does Linda snore. I just couldn't get to sleep so I came out here and made the hide-a-bed." The word snore in the dicitionary says, " To breathe the nose and mouth while sleeping, making snorting noises caused by the vibration of the soft palate." And may I add...very annoying.



To make a long story shorter, Jan & I would ask Charlene if we could sleep upstairs in the room above us. Venita would take our room, which is nice and quiet. Great plan! We thought. When Jan & I went upstairs the next night, we could hear everything. Not only the people downstairs, but anyone outside in the yard. Neither of us slept well that night. So now Venita was going to try the upstairs and Jan and I would go back to our original place.

In the meantime, Linda had taken the hide-a-bed. Beth and Carol took the twin beds. Even though in the morning, we might hear someone say, so and so also snores we finally all stayed put.....

but in the morning the day we would be leaving, I found Jan sleeping on the other couch in the living room. "What are you doing sleeping on the couch?" was my question. "Well, last night you started snoring and I told you to turn over because you were snoring. You said that you hadn't even gone to sleep yet, so you couldn't be snorning. And then I said I must had been dreaming, because you certainly were snorning.!" I do remember her saying that and also remember telling her, "I wasn't snorning, but I will turn over." Then durning the night I must of done some more non-snoring, because she did forsake me.

Louise and Tammy perhaps gets the prize! Never heard about anyone snoring in their bed. Carol and Beth stayed put, but we did find out that each other did snore to some degree! So when making plans where to sleep, perhaps the first question should be...WHO SNORES?

Perhaps I could have titled this post: Musical Beds. Vacations are truly about the memories...the good and the bad.All in all we had a great time! And there are somethings that will certainly stay in Door County..NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT! Besides snoring is not all bad...you made end up having a bed all to yourself.:)

1 comment: