Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Door County - Just Us Girls 8-22 to 8-26-09

Well it was so much fun and so many photos! It all started out here in Rockton with my sister Louise behind the wheel along with my sister Linda and my sister-in-law Venita. (Of course I tagged along.) We headed for Watertown, Wisconsin to pick up my sister Jan. Jan took over the driving as we headed for Sister Bay. Thanks to Tammy for letting us use her van. I'm not sure how all of our items would fit in my Buick which Tammy would drive up the next day with just three people in the car. Here we have the five of us.

If you have ever been to Door County, you know it is beautiful part of Wisconsin. It has many shops and places to eat. One could go there just to check out all the restaurants and shops, but you never have enough time.

One really neat place to visit in Sister Bay is a resale shop. We all had fun shopping there. As you can see from the photo above, I think we all found something to buy. I think that I was so pleased to finally find a picture for our bedroom.



Isn't it just beautiful!

My sister-in-law Venita was looking for a certain hat to wear for walking and working in her yard. I will do a post on just that one event. It was fun watching her trying on different hats and finally on our last day, she found just the one.





Speaking of placing to eat, I wanted the girls to try Wilson's. We had two booths. I sat with Jan, Linda and Venita. We all got a nice thick malt to eat with our meal. And it truly was thick and refreshing.




When I was refilling my malt, I wish I had taken a photo of that because it overflowed and I had it all over the table. Such a lost for me.



When you have such a group that we had, we all did different activities. Us brave ones..Beth, Jan, even Linda the cane lady and I took a bike ride. Peninsula State Park has a nine mile bike path. The day was overcast but we would still see how far we could go before it would start raining hard.

Here you have the four of us ready to take off. I entitled this photo: "Look mom no hands." As you can see our feet are not on the petals. Linda and I stayed together while Jan and Beth stayed together. As Linda and I was nearing the one mile mark, we heard thunder and decided to head back. Good idea. As we waited at the bike shop for Jan and Beth the heavy rains came. Soon Jan and Beth appeared like wet rats. But they get credit for going the farthest.








In the evenings at Charlene's we did various activities. Thanks to Jan, Beth and Tammy were able to do some stamping.







One evening we ALL played Apples to Apples. Now that's an event you ALL would have loved to been to. We laughed and laughed so hard that some of us almost...well you know what I was about to say. Other nights just a few would play the golf game that my sister Linda taught us. We were so busy that I never got to even watch the news. I had no idea what was going on in the world. In fact on Wednesday evening, the night we got back, my sister Linda was watching a program on the Kennedys. At the end of the program they had listed the birth and death dates of Senator Edward Kennedy. I turned my head around to look at Gary and said, "When did Ed Kennedy died?" "Today." was his reply.
But some of did enjoy watching some of the Rosemary & Thyme series.








One of the beautiful thing about staying at Charlene's is that she lives out in the country. But very close to the town of Sister Bay. One morning I wanted to just walk up the hill from her home to view the beautiful house at the top. Linda said she would join me. I didn't now how far she could go but she made it to the top. Along the way we began to pick up wild flowers here and there. We ended up with a beautiful bouquet to put in a vase. My sister Linda has a photo of that!
The main event on our last day, was to eat at The Cookery in Fish Creek and see the play Wait Until Dark at the Peninsula Players Theatre. Which we did.
As you all know, vacation time always goes way too fast. Soon we were packing up to leave.











We packed the truck of my Buick as full as we could. But we still needed to have Tammy take some of our items in her van. Oh the problems you get from shopping too much! And yes Tammy's van was packed to the gills.











What great memories we all have to share! Too many cooks in the kitchen at times! Lack of sleep. Fun shopping, eating, resting, walking, playing games etc. When we got ready to leave I made the comment, "Are we all still friends?" "WE ARE ALL STILL FAMILY!" was my sister Jan reply.












3 comments:

Janice Sturgill said...

Beautiful blog Juliet! Thanks so much! Jan

The Beard Bunch said...

Love the pictures! Sounds like their are many more humorous stories that you could relay :)

Alice said...

I'm glad you had a great time. And I'm glad people are liking Rosemary & Thyme! :-)