Friday, April 24, 2009

Thank Him, Thanks Him

I'm am such a true bargain hunter! I don't know if it comes from growing up in a poor family or what, but I enjoy getting the most out of my money. Food, clothes or items I collect, like antique red handle kitchen utensils, would be included on my bargain list.

One habit I do have when it comes to bargain hunting is praying. Even though the Lord already knows my desires, I still pray for them. "Please don't let me buy things I don't need." is also in my prayer.

Last fall, I purchased a beautiful skirt, on clearance of course, at Bergner's real cheap. This spring when my sisters and I went shopping at Bergner's I got an orange top to go with the skirt. Wearing the outfit on Easter Sunday with a pair of white shoes, I thought wouldn't it be fun to have a pair of orange shoes instead of white ones.

This year my sister, Louise introduced to a resale shoppe to take clothes and make some money off the selling price. It's been fun making some extra money. So this Wednesday we went to the resale shop. Before we left, I prayed that I might find an orange pair of shoes.
And my God did supply this pair of shoes.

Since I had money coming from the shop, I didn't really have to pay the price of $5.99 out of my pocket. It came from the sell of some of my clothes I had placed in their store.

So when I wear these cute orange shoes, I will wear them with a thankful heart. Perhaps singing quietly in my heart, "Thank Him, Thank Him all ye little children. God is Love. God is love."


2 comments:

Alice said...

OK, you, Ann-Marie, and I have all had little shoe miracles in the last week or so! I love your new orange shoes. God is so good!

Ann-Marie said...

They were very cute with your outfit, even if they were SO loud on the stairs! God answers prayers, even the little ones! Or the orange ones.