Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend 2009!

I will try and do a video of our Easter outing at my sister Louise. But for now, I'm just updating on this past weekend.

Gary and I had gotten home late after hearing Dr. Morris Gleiser speak at Windsor Baptist Church. So on Saturday morning I heard from my siter, Jan that they would be coming down on Saturday to spend the night. Since I do not dust my house all the time...it was time to get with the program and do some serious dusting. (I know your thinking, when does dusting become a serious thing.) Jan and Darryl were planning on visiting mom. I did invite them to have supper with Gary and I. I was making a complete meal in one pan. You cut-up cabbage, potatoes, carrots and add sausage. No takers from that end of the phone conversation. Later Ann-Marie phoned and wondered if we would like to have steaks on the grill. Oops, I had already started supper-I invited them to come over...no takers there either. "I think that Gary and you are the only people who like that combo." was Ann-Marie's reply. "If you want, why don't you come over after supper." was my reply.

So later after we all had our separate suppers, we played Sequence that evening. We had three teams. Ann-Marie and Jan, Juliet and Gary and Brett and Darryl. Well, Brett and Darryl won every game.

There are times when I wonder why I didn't have my camera handy. At Heritage the front was so beautiful with all the lilies and several tulips. Gary and I had done two lilies in memory of Bob Trotter and Andrew Heilman. And the choir did such an amazing job under the leadership of Mike Jones Sr. of the Easter Cantata by Ron Hamilton. Then we had Dr. Morris Gleiser for the morning message. It was such a great worship service!

After changing clothes, we headed to Brodhead, Wisconsin for the Berg Farm.


Here we have the three sisters ready to eat. We were hungry by this time.
Louise had done a separate table for the grandkids.


Here's our table.
I hope now that you have had a peek at this I can get the video done, so you can enjoy seeing the fun we had out at the farm.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Wow! That looks so amazing. I missed spending time with you on Easter, but I'm glad we got to spend Easter Eve together!