Monday, January 26, 2009

Great Niece Turns One!

I love birthday parties! Any Ages! But I must confess, I do love the ones where they turn just one. I still remember my daughter's first birthday party. At that age, they are just in awed by everything. People, party hats, presents and especially the birthday cake. What a beautiful cake Brielle had. And let me tell you, she enjoyed every bit of it. No, she didn't eat it all. But she had fun having it all to herself.
When it was time for her to open her gifts, she had two little helpers. Aiden who often is very shy when he first enters a room full of people was more than happy to help Brielle open her presents. And did you know that Aiden is turning 3 years old today. "Happy Birthday Aiden!" These great nieces and nephews sure grow up too fast for this GREAT AUNT.
The afternoon was just fun watching Brielle enjoy her first birthday. Grandpa aka Pappa and Grandma gave the very most useful gift...a pink training potty. Then came the usually clothes and great toys that Brielle will truly enjoy...especially the musical set of instruments that Mommy Candice got her. And as you will see from the slideshow below so did Aiden and a girlfriend of Brielle.
So just sit back and enjoy the slideshow below. And indeed it was a Happy Birthday for Brielle.

1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

Brielle was so good, too! If I recall, I believe I stuck my white shoe in my chocolate cake - but it did make for an awfully cute photo. Brielle's obviously much better behaved!