Saturday, September 8, 2007

What's in a word?

Today I just finished reading my daughter's blog. She has a gift that I do not have..writing. The first word I had to look up was "flummoxed"..now the word "perplex" would have worked for me. Then she said my neice Michelle and my nephew Michael were "complacent"...at least that what I had told her when she was young. GREAT I thought now they both think I think they were IDIOTS!! (not really). I believe I used the word "complying" children when they lived at home. So I looked up both words. ..comply (to be courteous or obedient) complacent (self-satisfied) . But complacent can also mean "to please". At any rate they were GOOD kids. So I believe both Ann-Marie and I meant they did what they were told and Aaron really was the one to questions many things.
Words are the way we communicate and it can be a challenge at times.

2 comments:

The Beard Bunch said...

Oh, my, Aunt Juliet.....I sure do love you :) Yes, Ann-marie has a gift of writing and a gift of gab. Where did she get that from?????

Juliet said...

From her wonderful father.