Monday, September 24, 2007

The BJ'S Getaway!!!

Is it a rock group? Is it a bank robbery? No...it's Betty, Janice, Jackie and Juliet off to door county..hence the BJ's. What a blast.

We ate lunch in Sturgeon Bay at the Inn at Cedar Crossing. Excellent food! Did some shopping at Yonkers and other neat shops. Arrived in Sister Bay and made our lodging at the Rice's home. In the evening Jan made Chili. Later we learned the game The Settlers of Catan. We played it till Betty won..I mostly watched. (one of my homes was on the number 11..I know good choice.) Then we played Quiddler. Needless to say I enjoyed the second game much much better.

Shop till you drop was the plan for Friday. And we all did great...mainly looking. Supper was at a Fish Boil in Fish Creek. Heading back to Sister Bay, Jan asked us if we were up for another game of The Settlers of Catan. SILENCE ....HA!! But we did play more of Quiddler.

Laughed alot! Stayed up late! Just enjoyed being with each other. Good Memories!

Next time you see Betty or Janice..ask them is they know how to fill up at a gas station.

5 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so glad you had a good time, Mom! You guys deserved it!

Ann-Marie said...

Oh my! I just realized you said "rock group!" Mom, what kind of influence am I having on you? Or is it that "worldly" Aunt Jan? Tsk! Tsk! :-)

SturgillMom said...

What a special time for the four of you! I am glad that you guys got to do that and it sure looks like you had fun :)

The Beard Bunch said...

What happened with my mom at the gas station????? I am very curious. I am glad that you all four got to get away and have such a good time.

In response to Ann-marie's comment, "No, it was not Aunt Jan's influence." My guess is that Mom would have thought BJ's getaway was more like a kind of crazy car. :)

Thanks for posting all of those pictures for us, Aunt Juliet! I do believe you are one of the most technologically advanced of the Rehfeldt children :)

Juliet said...

Michelle

Well, at first,,about the BJ's..Betty gave a hand of joy, thinking of Bob Jones..but with me havng gone to Moody Bible Institute, that wasn't in the picture:-)

Concerning the gas pump..Betty got out and couldn't figure how to work the pump. Then your Mom got out to help. That didn't work, so your Mom went inside the gas station store to ask for help. By the time she got back, Betty had figured it out. It was just fun for Jackie and I to watch the whole event.