Thursday, November 4, 2010

Time for a sister fix! 10-29-10

"Lord help the mister that come between me and my sister." Those words are from an old, old song. Living in Rockton is such a blessing. My sister, Carol who just moved back from Connecticut lives in Beloit, Wi. only ten minutes from my home. My other sister, Louise, who lives in Brodhead, Wi, is about twenty minutes or so from my home. Then my sister, Jan, who lives in Watertown, Wi is exactly one hour and ten minutes from my home. She timed it, so I know it's true.

Having said this, I do see Carol and Louise more often than I do Jan. So I get a sister fix once or twice a week. Sometimes, it may be a month before we all see Jan. Soooo one day Jan phoned and was missing her sister dearly. Time for good get-together with sister. Sometimes, time can present a problem and in that case we will met halfway to save on time. This time we chose Jefferson, Wi.

We hit St. Vincent resale shop first. They have so much to look at. I wished I had taken photos from our shopping. I collect tins and they had plenty of them. Not every tin appeal to me, so I am selective when chosing. And of course, I'm always on the outlook for red wooden handle kitchen utinsel items. Found none on this trip. But we all did find some good buys. Then we heeaded to another resale place. TIME FOR LUNCH!! At first we needed to find an Associated Bank for me. Money was what I needed. We never did find one, because they don't have one in Jefferson. But when we turned down this one street ( Carol was with Jan in her car, and I was with Louise in her car.) I said to Louise, "Hey, that looks like a new place to try." "Oh, I think Jan wanted to go to a sit-down restaurant and order." Louise replied. That was fine with me. When we couldn't locate the bank where somewhere had told us there would be one, we stopped our vehicle and talked about where we would eat. "Did you see that neat place to eat when we turned that corner back there?" Jan asked. I just laughed and said that was almost my exact same words. So we turned our vehicles around and headed for Wedi's for lunch.
.


For some reason or other, I love to take silly photos of people..so why not us sisters.


The place was small. At first all the tables were taken and we had to sit at a counter. But by time we ordered our food, a table became available. Above, Louise is placing her order.


On the wall we saw this old photo of how the place looked at one time.





Severals of the sisters, ordered hamburgers, while Louise and I ordered a steack sandwich. And they were very delicious.





And being an ice cream place, we did have to order dessert. Louise and Jan shared a medium size sundae.






I got a single scoop of double chocolate with carmel sundae. It was more ice cream then I wanted. But being a true Rehfeldt, I ate the WHOLE sundae.







Carol got a single scoop of ice cream and that was also bigger than she wanted. But true to form...she ate the whole thing.
We just sat around, eating, talking, laughning and getting our sister fix. It was such a joy to hit upon this place, especially since it closes at the end of October and reopens in March.
While time was slipping away, we still had time to check out one more resale shop downtown. Since it was a small shop, the time element worked out great. It was nearing 2:30 and Jan needed to head home.
Can't wait till next sister fix.








1 comment:

Janice Sturgill said...

Loved the day - and my sisters! Thanks again for the pictures.