Monday, November 1, 2010

Isabelle turns one. Party 9-25-10

Whenever a child turns one year old, it should always be a very special ocassion. So whenever I'm invited to a one-year-old party you can count me in. Dave and Cari Berg's little girl Isabelle turned one and we were invited to the party, I was looking forward to it. What to have for the little ones in way of a party favorite can be a challenge. I loved the little horns they received. But I think Sam needed to learn which end to blow the horn. (Sam, turn it around.)
Cari had set up a play area for the young kids to play in along with toys from home. They have an older child Dawson who had turned two in March. Also some little tricycles of various styles. I love the one pictured above because I could push Sam in it. But first Sam needed to know how to peddle to make the wheels work.


Here we have the proud parents with Isabelle getting ready to blow her candles out...with the help of her brother Dawson.


I can tell from the photo above that Dawson and Isabelle were enjoying the birthday cake.



Isabelle got so many gifts. I think she will enjoy wearing new clothes but toys may have a priority in what she truly will enjoy.



While Dawson's mom and dad opened the gifts for Isabelle, Dawson thought it was time for a snack.





Grandma Louise, Cari, Isabelle and Nana ( Cari's mom)







Sam had so much fun running around that near the end, he just zonked out in his grandmas arms. As the saying goes, "They look like an angel WHEN they are sleeping." Whatever, he is precious to me.
As always, it was fun getting together with family. Tammy, Rick, Megan, Caleb, Jacob, Ann-Marie, Brett and Gary were there also. I just didn't get any photos of them. But we enjoyed visiting with everyone.
Happy birthday Isabelle!






1 comment:

Janice Sturgill said...

With a family as big as ours it certainly is hard to keep up with everyone. Looks like it was a fun party.