Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday - Ann-Marie

On August 20th, my one and only Ann-Marie will turn 30! It truly seems like yesterday that God gave us this bundle of joy...(by the way, that is her middle name.) My daughter has always enjoyed many things in life, but going to a dinner and play is near the top of her list. And since she took off work this week, we went to a play. Fireside is one of our favorite place to see plays. So on August 14, Candice, Ann-Maire & I went to see the play: The Rock & The Rabbi.
Since Ann-Marie and I do not like to drive in heavy traffic, Candice was so gracious to do the driving to Fort Atkinson.
I wonder what's in that birthday bag?
One of the many wonderful things about the Fireside, is that you can order a birthday package. It includes a small bottle of a non-alochlic sparkling drink.
A nice birthday cake with a lit candle on top. And even though the dinner includes dessert ( a banana creme brulee...which none of us really liked) we had a piece of the cake...mmm good.
What better gift to give a reader than more books. It will keep her out of trouble for about one day. She is such a fast reader.
The meal included: Simon's Chopped Salad, Freshly baked bread from The Fireside ovens, roasted New York Strip Sirloin of Beef...with escalloped potatoes and fresh asparagus spears, and baked fresh mushroom flan!!!

And of course you can order special drinks, like this chocolate oreo cookie. Both Ann-Marie and Candice enjoyed this drink.
What a wonderful way to celebrate her 30th birthday. It was a fun day! May God bless you my one and only. Love you and have a .........
Happy Happy Birthday on Wednesday, August 20th.
P.S. My daughter also shares her birthday with my oldest sister, Linda and my youngest sister Laurie. So I also wish them both a Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Tamrik said...

Wow, 30! That's a big number! I remember like yesterday, when you lived on Dresden and I would spend the night when Uncle Bob would be out of town. Ann-Marie was just a little cousin then - time flies by so quickly. Do you remember watching the JAWS movies during one of my stays???

Ann-Marie said...

It was such a wonderful birthday gift, Mom! I can't say "thanks" enough. Having you as my mom has been the greatest gift in all my thirty years. I love you!

Alice said...

What a fun birthday! I have got to get to that place for dinner/play. We should all go together sometime. I hope Ann-Marie has a great birthday! 30, woo hoo!!