Thursday, August 7, 2008

Finally- The Auction

Thanks to my wonderful, patience (sometimes) daughter we got the slide show thru!

On Saturday, July 26th we went to the Old homestead of my cousin Joyce who passed away last year. Everything was to be auctioned off..even her home.

The time of the auction was 10:00 a.m. Most people arrive early to view all the different items for sale and decided if there might be something they would like to bid on. Before the bidding begins, you have to g0 sign-up by just showing your driver's license. They then assign you a number which allows you to be involved in the bidding.

My brother Dave and his wife Venita, along with my sister Louise and her husband Bruce, Dave and Patrick Berg, Tammy, Rick and their tribe, Gary and I all showed up early to look over the goods.

It truly was a fun day and when you look at the slide show, you will see some of the items that we were able to get. That day the house was even sold! It was so much fun, I think that perhaps I will go to more auctions. Try it! You will like it! The figurines are the items that I came away with..aren't they beautiful?

3 comments:

Tamrik said...

I was looking forward to this slideshow - great job! It really was a fun day!

Colleen said...

It looks like everyone had a fun day. I like to go to auctions especially when there are antiques.

Ann-Marie said...

I really like the figurines. I thought they were all Hummels. I'm glad you have a better eye than I do for the antiques.